Heather Frost's Royal Rebel book tour

My favourite couple are Desfan and Imara... who shared a kiss amidst all the chaos in Royal Captive... I'm totally rooting for them, and if you want to know what happens, you need to read Royal Rebel... 

Quite naturally I could not resist interviewing Imara, but she just wouldn't spill any beans about her and Desfan... She did however have so many interesting things to say... 

Character Interview

Hello Imara, and thank you for sitting down to answer some questions for us!
Thank you, I’m excited to be here!

We left you in a pretty intense place at the end of Royal Captive; you were injured during an attack against Desfan and the Mortisian court. Can I ask how you’re doing?
I’m not sure how much I’m supposed to say, but I’m all right. No need to worry about me, especially since so many others are much worse off.

Would you like to say anything about the kiss you shared with Desfan while you two were hiding in the kitchen pantry?
Oh, you, uh, know about that? Fates, of course you do… Um, I’m sorry, I wasn’t ready to talk about this. Maybe we can just, uh, skip this question for now?

All right, if you’re sure. Could you maybe tell us what you think of Desfan?
I think Desfan is an amazing man. He’s kind, brave, and resilient, and he has a gift for being able to make everyone around him feel at ease. He’s clever and funny, and very selfless. He’s been an incredible friend to me, and I think he’s going to make a wonderful serjan for the people of Mortise. And I think he and Serene will be very happy together.

What would you say is your greatest weakness?
I have a mischievous streak, and that can lead to trouble when it combines with my impulsivity. But I’m trying to be better at that and show some maturity.

What would you say is your greatest strength?
I have a big heart, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I think that makes me a good friend, and helps me relate to a lot of different people. 

Do you prefer stargazing, or watching a sunrise?
I love both, but I’d have to say watching a sunrise. On a bright, beautiful morning, anything feels possible. And I love that feeling.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love to experience new things, so I love attending concerts and going to dances. Being with people feeds my soul, and I love anything that makes me feel alive. If I’m needing some time alone, I enjoy going on walks, or reading.

Do you have a hero?
I have many heroes, but I’d definitely say my grandmother, Aimeth Buhari. I get my middle name from her, and I just admire her so much. She’s classy, witty, daring, and she has such a huge presence. She has left a great mark on the world, and I hope to do the same.

What is it like being the third daughter in a large royal family? And how many siblings do you have?
I have six siblings, and it can be a little chaotic sometimes—but I wouldn’t trade my family for anything! I love my older sisters, and my younger sisters and little brother. And being the third daughter suits me well, because I never had to be as perfect as my oldest sister, since she’s the heir to the throne.

Your father has arranged a marriage for you, to a man named Skyer. Can you tell us about him?
Yes, I’m engaged to Skyer. He’s the leader of the Kabu clan, and he’s been leading efforts of peace between the clans and the monarchy in Zennor. I don’t know him well yet, but I know our marriage will bring peace to Zennor, and I’m grateful for that. 

People are very interested in your friendship with Grayson. Do you want to share any of your reasoning for befriending him?
To be honest, I’m not sure I had a reason to befriend him. It just happened. I admit that I enjoy teasing him and catching him off-guard, but truly I just think he’s a good person. I also think he’s not used to having friends, but he has been a very good one to me.

What is something you’re reluctant to tell people?
How nervous I am about my marriage to Skyer. I know Serene has guessed some of my fears, but I haven’t really been open to sharing how I feel about everything. But I also know that this marriage is needed to solidify the Zennorian monarchy’s relationship with the Zennorian clans, and I will do my duty.

Do you have a motto you try to live by?
Not as such, but I try to live with my heart wide open. I believe that life is meant to be lived, and that most people in the world are good. I try to grant compassion to everyone I meet.

Thanks, Imara! It was so fun to learn more about you.